Intensive Pulsed Light (IPL)
Eterna Giovinezza and Silk Light series are medical professional and powered Pulsed Light systems. They have been developed by Quanta System in cooperation with worldwide researchers having many years of experience in skin-photonics applications. Both Series are very flexible and powerful. These water cooled devices are based on the Quanta System's proprietary technology producing pulsed light at the highest fluencies now available on the market. Controlled pulse emissions allow safe and very effective treatments.
The flexibility of use is guaranteed by the ability to provide a wide range of wavelengths interacting with the skin. A wide range of skin issues are effectively treated such as:
- hairs removal
- aging skin
- active acne
- vascular diseases
- pigmented lesions
How does it work?
IPL systems work on the same principles as lasers in that light energy is absorbed into particular target cells with colour (chromophores) in the skin. The light energy is converted to heat energy, which causes damage to the specific target area. IPL systems are different to lasers in that they deliver many wavelengths (or colours) in each pulse of light instead of just one wavelength. Most IPL systems use filters to refine the energy output for the treatment of certain areas. This enhances penetration without using excessive energy levels and enables targetting of specific chromophores (these are skin components that absorb light).
IPL therapy is considered a non-ablative resurfacing technique, which means that it targets the lower layers of skin (dermis) without affecting the top layers of skin (epidermis). The results are not as dramatic as ablative resurfacing where both the dermis and epidermis are injured to produce a much more noticeable overall outcome. The advantage of IPL therapy is its minimal downtime - a patient can often have the procedure done in their lunch break and return to work immediately afterwards.
IPL machines, what do they do?
- For the treatment of spider and thread veins, and some vascular birthmarks.
- Light pulses targeted at the red-pigment (haemoglobin) in the blood which heats and destroys the pigment without affecting the skin or other tissues.
- For the treatment of age spots, freckles, flat pigmented birthmarks and other skin discolouration problems such as melasma / chloasma and erythromelanosis of the neck (poikiloderma of civatte).
- Light pulses targeted at the melanin in the skin's surface which heats and destroys melanin to remove the discolouration.
- For the treatment of unwanted hair.
- Light pulses targeted at the hair follicle causing the hair to fall out and prevent further growth. Generally ineffective for light coloured hair.
- May be used for hair on the following locations: underarms, face, neck, back, chest, arms and legs.
What does the procedure involve?
Prior to the procedure our specialist practitioners will explain the process to you and clearly define your expectations of the treatment. They would be able to tell you whether or not the results you are looking for will be achievable using this method. It is important that the correct diagnosis has been made prior to treatment.
Throughout the treatment session the patient must wear protective eyewear. IPL treatments are relatively painless compared to other facial rejuvenation techniques. The sensation has been likened to a light pinch or the snap of a rubber band, but some people find it distressing.
- Avoid sun exposure in the days and weeks before and after treatment.
- A topical anaesthetic may be applied to the area but is not usually necessary.
- Cold gel is applied to the area being treated. IPL devices often have integrated cooling systems.
- The smooth, glass surface of the IPL treatment head is applied to the skin, delivering precise pulses of light to the area being treated.
- Treatment sessions usually last about 20 minutes. A course of 4-5 sessions every 2-3 weeks may be needed to achieve desired results.
- Most patients can return to work immediately after treatment.
Skin Whitening / Rejuvenation: 1 session 3,500 THB / 5 sessions 15,000 THB
Melasma / Vascular lesions: 1 session 3,000 THB / 5 sessions 13,000 THB
- Arms 1 session 7,000 THB / 5 sessions 27,500 THB
- Legs 1 session 8,000 THB / 5 sessions 37,500 THB
- Armpit 1 session 3,500 THB / 5 sessions 15,000 THB
Metro Bangkok Clinic has been awarded 5 star treatment and best customer service for 4 years in a row by patients on Whatclinic.com